03 October, 2009

baby trousers for the new cousin!


As my dear grandmá died a few weaks ago, we went to Sweden to participate at the funeral. It was very beautiful with lovely music and all the family together, as it should be.

Although, even if it´s always tragic when people die, there will be other things that shine up your life. Two days before the funeral was the new cousin of little N born, 1 week early. And luckily we came to Sweden the day after (we only stayed for 4 days) and could come and visit my brother and his family with the little baby!

As a small gift for the baby I had made a pair of trousers in green, fine corduroy (manchester) with white cuffs from the fabric I blogged about before. I used the exellent guide of älsklingsfrö to make them with lining. As Iam fond of applications, I made a little bear on the front. I thought they looked sooo small when I had them ready in my hands but when I hold the little baby boy they looked very big. It's incredible that Little N weight almost half kilo less when she was born (this baby weight 2900g).

3 comments:

Aleisa Ribalta said...

tan lindisimos, så beautifull, färgen och modellen, lilla nallen och allt, så duktig du är, jag är en bluff med byxor, men ska anstränga mig, måste!

Älsklingsfrö said...

Helt ok med länkningen. Kul att du hade användning för min tut.

Anonymous said...

Vilka söta byxor i manchester. Manchester är en liten favorit hos mig. I vår släkt har det varit lite så att om någon äldre gått bort så har det nästan alltid i samband med det fötts en ny in i släkten, typ nästan samtidigt. Jag tror det ligger något i det och jag tror att man återföds faktiskt. Det måste vara så. I perioder kan jag tänka på sånt som har med döden att göra, är verkligen livrädd för det. För vad gör man sen? Kommer jag aldrig mer tex kunna sy? Eller får man ha med sig symaskinen i graven så att man har något att göra på lediga stunder?? Ja, det finns ju ingen man kan fråga som har den erfarenheten så svaret lär jag ju inte få. Rätt intressant! /petra.h

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...